Register your car in person
/* page-3551-row3581-column-3582 */ ?>
Registering a new, or new to you, car is an exciting time.
Let us help you with the details so you can start enjoying your new vehicle faster.
What you need to register your car
- Your AMA membership card.
- One Government of Alberta acceptable photo identification or support document.
- Proof of ownership, such as:
- Bill of sale
- Lease agreement
- Previous vehicle registration
- If you have a brand new vehicle, the original New Vehicle Information Statement (NVIS) that you received from your dealer when you purchased the vehicle is required. (Fax or photocopy are not acceptable.)
- Proof of valid Alberta liability insurance (current pink card in the name(s) to appear on the vehicle registration).
- Your odometer reading (optional).
- Parent/guardian consent form, if you are under 18 years old (parent must be present).
If two names appear on ownership documents or are required on vehicle registration, contact
1-866-989-6370 for more information.
When purchasing new registration your expiry date is determined by your last name.
Fees are pro-rated to your assigned month.
/* RegisterCarInPerson_SendingSomeoneElse */ ?>
Send someone to register on your behalf
- If you are unable to come in to register your vehicle, you can send someone with the above documents and a completed Letter of Authorization form to perform the transaction on your behalf.
- The individual will need to present his or her own identification.
/* Members_Only_Messaging */ ?>
In order to register your car in person, you must be a member in good standing with the AMA, CAA, or AAA. Not a member? Join AMA today.