/* Copy of page-3758-row3893-column-3894 */ ?>
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Planning a wedding can be fun and exciting, but also stressful with so many things to do.
Scratch one more thing off your to-do list:
Pick up your marriage licence
Your marriage licence is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. You and your fiance must apply for your marriage licence together.
/* Copy of page-3758-row3891-column-3892 */ ?>
What you need when applying for a marriage licence
Personal information for both applicants including:
- Date and place of birth
- Religious denomination
- Mother's legal name (including maiden name) and place of birth
- Father's legal name and place of birth
If either applicant is:
- Divorced, final divorce document such as Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute is required
- Under 18 years of age, parental consent is required, ask an agent for details
/* page-4527-row12029-column-12030 */ ?>
What is the difference between a marriage licence and a marriage certificate?
- Your marriage licence shows you meet the requirements to get married in Alberta.
- Your marriage certificate proves that you are legally married.
/* Copy of page-3758-row3889-column-3890 */ ?>
for product pricing at your local Centre
/* page--row-4533-column-4549 */ ?>
/* page--row-4533-column-4548 */ ?>
Planning to get married outside of Alberta?
To learn how to obtain your marriage licence and marriage certificate, contact the jurisdiction where you will be getting married
Planning to get married outside of Canada?
AMA Travel can arrange your perfect destination wedding or honeymoon.
/* page-4527-row12027-column-12028 */ ?>
In order to request a marriage licence or certificate, you must be a member in good standing with the AMA, CAA or AAA. Not a member? Join AMA now.