/* page-4757-row4770-column-4771 */ ?>
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Planning a wedding can be fun and exciting, but also stressful with so many things to do.
Let us take away some of the pressure by helping you with all the paperwork, so you can focus on your big day.
- The licence is valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
- Both partners-to-be must be present to obtain their marriage licence.
/* page-4757-row-4770-column-4772 */ ?>
/* page-4757-row4768-column-4769 */ ?>
What you need when applying for a marriage licence
- Your AMA membership card
- One piece of personal identification for both applicants with your correct legal names
Personal information for both applicants including:
- Date and place of birth
- Religious denomination
- Mother's legal name (including maiden name) and place of birth
- Father's legal name and place of birth
If either applicant is:
- Under 18 years of age, parental consent is required.
- Divorced, their Certificate of Divorce or Decree of Absolute is required.
/* page-4757-row4766-column-4767 */ ?>
Prices vary by region.
for product pricing at your local Centre.
Service Alberta's website contains more information about marriage licences.
/* page-4757-row-4764-column-4773 */ ?>
/* page-4757-row4764-column-4765 */ ?>
Planning to get married outside of Alberta?
To learn how to obtain your marriage licence and marriage certificate, contact the jurisdiction where you will be getting married
Planning to get married outside of Canada?
AMA Travel can arrange your perfect
destination wedding or honeymoon.
/* page-4757-row4762-column-4763 */ ?>
- Records are confidential and can only be ordered by eligible individuals.
- A request for Certificate of an Alberta Marriage is processed and the document is mailed to you.
What you need when ordering a marriage certificate
- Your AMA membership card.
- One piece of personal identification.
- Information about yourself, including your eligibility to apply for the certificate (your relationship to the individual on the certificate).
- Information about the marriage, date, and place of the event. If the event did not occur in Alberta, contact the jurisdiction where the event occurred to complete your request.
Fax in your form
You can also choose to fax the completed Marriage Certificate form
- There is a fee of $36 (includes GST) for this service when completed form is faxed to (780) 989-6378.
- If you prefer to bring your completed form to your local AMA centre, please note that prices vary by region.
/* page-4757-row14317-column-14318 */ ?>
Marriage certificate sizes
/* page-4757-row-14319-column-14321 */ ?>
- Names of both parties to the marriage
- Date & place of marriage
- Registration number and date
- Date issued
/* page-4757-row-14319-column-14322 */ ?>
/* page-4757-row14319-column-14320 */ ?>
- The same information as the wallet size
- The birthplaces of both parties to the marriage
/* page-4757-row4758-column-4759 */ ?>
If you need further information phone 1-866-989-6370 or email your questions to: AMA Registries.