Proactive Defensive Driver Course
/* page-5062-row-5069-column-5071 */ ?>
/* page-5062-row5069-column-5070 */ ?>
This defensive driver course is geared toward people who would like to improve their defensive driving skills or need to reduce their driving demerits. This course is good for new drivers, attending as a requirement of their employment, or those looking for demerit reduction.
/* page-5062-row5072-column-5073 */ ?>
Looking to apply your certificate from this course to your driving record? Visit one of the AMA Registries offices for details.
The proactive defensive driver course includes:
- Full-day interactive classroom session.
- Classroom topics: speeding, driver impairments and distractions, risk and risk taking and driver attitude and behaviour.
- Discussion regarding road user interaction, the highway transportation system, vehicle design, rules of the road and civil liabilities.
- A mark of 80% is required on a written exam to be eligible to receive the three demerit points reduction*. Alberta Transportation regulations require final exams are limited to two attempts to receive a Course Completion Certificate. Participants unsuccessful after two attempts are required to obtain further formal education and training.
* The three demerit points reduction can only be applied once every two years.