Here's a chance for your AMA School Safety Patrol team to win a $1,000 prize package.
Just complete 3 assessment forms, fill in the nomination form below and send it to the AMA coordinator in your area.
Winners will be announced at the year-end event in your region.
Safety Starts With You
Tell us what you've done to make a difference. Eligible projects can be as simple as increasing the number of pedestrians that use "Point, Pause and Proceed" or physical changes to crosswalk or signage.
Reaching your SAFE goal is easy.
Start today by making small changes.
pecific – Decide what your goal is
chievable – Start with small changes
ind support – Include safety experts from your community
valuate – Celebrate your success and the difference you have made!
Winners receive an AMA School Zone Safety Award and can
WIN up to $2,000
for their school.
Your project should show:
- Measurable results in improving traffic safety around the school.
- How this safety improvement can be sustained.
- Compliance with local bylaws and/or regulations.
- School and/or community support.
- Non-profit organizations, coalitions or community-based groups.
- School zones must be located in Alberta or the Northwest Territories.
How to enter:
Please send your completed application and any supporting materials to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or AMA School Zone Safety Award
Box 8180, Station South
Edmonton, Alberta T6H 5X9
Submissions must be postmarked by April 15, 2013.
Winners will be announced on the website by June 1, 2013.
Interactive Nomination Form
For helpful tips and resources www.SHAPEAB.com
2012 School Zone Safety Award winners