How will your day end?
Part of the excitement of life is never knowing what's around the corner. This is great for a little adventure, but not when things really go wrong.
With AMA you're never alone.
Whether you've just landed after a long flight and are too tired to get behind the wheel, or you've broken your glasses and can't see your next step, AMA will get you home.
AMA members who are unsure about their ability to drive home now have another option to get themselves and their vehicle home safely.
How Safe Ride Home works
The Safe Ride Home service is designed to help get you home safely if medical treatment, physical injury, or other physical impairment is keeping you from getting back to your loved ones safely.
- The AMA Safe Ride Home service counts as a regular service call. The tow home will be limited to the driver and their vehicle.
- There is no extra charge to Members for the service, as long as the distance of the requested tow is within the maximum towing distance allowed at their level of Membership.
- Members requiring a longer tow will be required to pay for the extra distance on a per kilometre basis, as they would for a regular service tow.
- Members must be in good standing in order to qualify for the AMA Safe Ride Home service.
- During inclement weather or extreme operating conditions, AMA reserves the right to suspend Safe Ride Home service.
- Safe Ride Home calls will be treated in the same way vehicle failure calls are treated. No special priority will be accorded to these calls. Priority is assigned based on the nature of the call or situation.
- AMA reserves the right to refuse service or refuse space in the tow truck cab due to intoxication, abuse, or fear for our service providers' safety.
- The AMA Safe Ride Home service is not intended for Members who have been stopped by police for infractions of the law.
- Only the AMA Member may ride in the tow truck cab on the passenger side. AMA will assist other people accompanying the member, if any, in finding other means of safe transportation to their destination (at their cost).
- The AMA Safe Ride Home service is not available for recreational vehicles or vehicles too large to tow with a standard tow truck.
- If AMA is unable to tow your vehicle, we will reimburse for tow service. We will not reimburse for taxi fare.
- The service is offered throughout Alberta.